Permit Application- New Work


  1. Applicant must complete building/zoning permit application, and include a $300 fee for the Zoning Permit.
  2. Applicant is to submit three copies of an A-2 site plan for the proposed construction, scaled at 1 inch equals 40 feet or larger.  Proposed site plan shall include house location, well, septic with test pit results and Minimum Leaching System Spread (MLSS) calculations, footing drain outlet, driveway location, areas of proposed clearing and grading, delineated wetlands soils, conservation easement areas, and erosion controls.  This means that an individual site plan must be submitted.
  3. Applicant is to submit application to the Chatham Health District for a site/plot plan review.
  4. Applicant is to submit any previously received approvals from the Inlands Wetlands and Watercourses Commission, the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Historic District Commission, and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
  5. A Driveway Bond (See Town application form) in the amount of $500 (dirt road $250) is to be placed in a no-interest account with the Public Works Department.  After the house is completed, a Certificate of Occupancy has been issued and the driveway apron is paved 10’ in width x 10’ in length, and 2” (inches) thick, you must contact the Public Works Director at 860-873-5043.  He will inspect the apron and if installed properly, he will authorize the release of the funds.  Please note that the funds will only be returned to the person that applied for the driveway bond.
  6. Applicant is to submit two sets of complete building plans.  One set will be retained by the Building Department, the other approved set will be returned to the applicant.
  7. Building application review start date will be after Zoning and Chatham Health District approvals.