Permit Application- Additions, Accessory Structures
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR BUILDING PERMIT FOR RESIDENTIAL SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING ADDITIONS, ACCESSORY STRUCTURES, SWIMMING POOLS, UNDERGROUND PROPANE TANKS, OUTDOOR WOODBURNING FURNACES.
APPLICANT IS TO:
- Complete building/zoning permit application.
- Submit two sets of complete building plans. One set will be retained by the Building Department, the other approved set will be returned to the applicant.
- Submit three copies of a site plan for the proposed construction activity indicating distances to property lines, and the location of the septic system and the well (or) wells.
- Submit any previously received approvals from the Inlands Wetlands and Watercourses Commission, the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Historic District Commission, and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Submit an application to the Chatham Health District for a site/plot plan review.
- For OWF (outdoor wood burning furnaces) location and height of ridge of any dwelling between 200’& 500’ not being served by OWF in relation of OWF chimney elevation.
- Building application review start date will be after Zoning and Chatham Health District approvals.