Required List of Inspections
The Owner, Owner’s agent or Builder/Contractor is responsible for requesting inspections. All new work must conform to the current Connecticut Building Codes. It is the responsibility of the property owner to obtain permits and approvals prior to commencement of work. Please call to schedule inspections 24 hours in advance so that we may fulfill your needs. Please remember that permits must be issued prior to inspection, or inspection will not be conducted.
- Temporary Electric Service if applicable
- Footings or piers (prior to concrete placement)
- Footing Drain/Foundation Coating (Backfill Inspection) after footing drains in place and foundation coating is applied
- Subslab plumbing (if applicable) prior to vapor barrier placement, water test only if building sewer
- Vapor barrier (sub slab) prior to concrete placement
- Rough mechanicals (electric, plumbing heating), prior to rough framing
- Rough Framing after completion of rough mechanical inspection
- Permanent Electric Service/Electric trench (if underground) trench 24”- 36”deep with conduits placed, 12” of clean cover material/sand, 6” wide red polyethylene ID tape.
- Well trench dug 48” minimum depth with 6” sand, well lines in place, 12” clean material over
- Fireplace hearth extension formed with rebar in place prior to pouring
- Chimney throat firebox constructed with max ¼” joints in firebrick, damper in place, with smoke shelf and flue started
- Insulation - Only when rough mechanical/framing approved, prior to drywall application
- New and/or replacement water heater/boiler/furnace, oil/propane tanks installed in accordance with manufacturers installation instructions.
Final inspection - Call for Certificate of Occupancy/Use when construction is complete.
Also contact Zoning @ 860-873-6010
Also contact Chatham Health District @ 860-873- 5101